Friday, June 29, 2007

Catching Up

Dear Blog,
My goodness I have some catching up to do! There's just so much going on this summer. Let's see...

First of all, I am not skipping out on the whole posting my weigh-in results thing. This week was VBS at our church, and Steve took the kids every morning. So I couldn't leave the house to go to my meeting. I would weigh here at home, but we don't have a scale. Well, we have one, but it doesn't work anymore...and NOT because I'm so fat that I broke it, okay?! Next week I can't go weigh either since Wednesday is the 4th. Soooo...I'm going to my sister's to weigh in next week. She knows that her scale is within a pound of the one we use at WW, so it'll be accurate enough to know if I've managed to lose anything or not! I don't know about the numbers, but I really am already starting to feel better. And that's just as important! Oooohh, and yesterday I picked up a pair of shorts off my floor to try on. They were on my floor because a few weeks ago I tried to wear them and couldn't breathe!! So I jerked them off and flung them angrily in the corner. They fit now! And not just barely either. They're almost loose! WoooHoooo!! The stupid scale can just kiss my ever shrinking butt! :)

Secondly, I am counting down the hours till my week of vacation!! That's right. I'm off next week. I am sooooo ready for it, too. I love all these kids, really I do, but dang I'm glad it's break time! We're leaving in the morning for Beech Bend Park in Bowling Green. Never been. I think it'll be a good first amusement park for the kids. Mom and Brianna, and maybe Dad, are meeting us up there Sunday. We'll have another day at the park, then Steve and I get to go out Sunday night. Yipppeeee, date night!! I can't wait! :) So if anyone knows of anything just perfectly romantic in Bowling Green, let us know. I have no idea what we'll do. I just know we won't have kids or a curfew! I'll be sure to take lots of pictures...no, not of our date...of the kids this weekend!! So check back soon for those. Oooh, I almost forgot, we're also going to the Corvette Museum before we leave. Sooo cool! I'm sure I'll have pics of that to post too, crazy car girl that I am and all. :) Then next week we'll mess around here at home and see what fun things we can find to do.

Tuesday is Steve's birthday! So if you happen to talk to him, wish my Honey Pie a happy day and congratulate him for being EVEN OLDER!! Haha! I love being the young one! :) There's more I want to share with you about my lovable man, but I think I'll give him his own post for all that.

Got a postcard in the mail this week about soccer sign-ups for the fall. Tyler's old enough to play soccer. I can't believe that!! Seems like we've been waiting FOREEEEVER for him to be old enough to start sports, and now that it's time I can't decide what to do. So if you have an opinion on kids starting sports at such a young age or what sports you think are best for little ones or if you have advice from your own experience or whatever, please do share!!

Seems like there's so much more I need to tell you. What is it though?? Well, this is long enough. Hopefully there's still someone reading this far down on the page! :) More to come soon...

2 comments:

Lisa said...

You'd be so proud! I read the entire post! :) I'm so sad we're going to miss all the fun stuff with the kids, but I'm glad that I get a week long "date" with my hubby! :) You guys have a good time and hang in there with the weigh in thing!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you get a week off too! My week is coming and even though we'll have a ton of company i'm still looking forward to it! i kinda wish we were getting away but maybe we can take a weekend just me and darrell, we'll see. Hope you all have fun and cant wait to see the pics!