Monday, June 11, 2007

Funny Stuff

Over a decade has passed now since high school, and it seems I'm running into more and more people from the past. It's fun seeing old friends and getting the chance to show off my precious family...and even getting to set some pretty crazy rumors straight, too!

I was just about to load the boys up in the truck this evening after our shopping adventure (seriously, it always is one with my two!!) at Sam's Club when a man approached from across the parking lot. I'd seen him inside, but his identity didn't hit me until I heard his voice say my name. It was an old friend from my high school days. What a pleasant surprise.

So we chatted about what we're up to these days and who we've seen around and who we'd like to see again. I told him marrying an "outsider" probably didn't help me stay in the loop any. And that's when I heard the crazy rumor. (I realize this is only going to be funny to my forever friends out there, but to us it's funny enough to be blog worthy!) Apparently someone out there is telling people that I married Mr. Blue Coast Burrito! How funny is that?! We were friends, and he spent a considerable amount of time messing with my heart, but we never even officially dated...now someone's got us married! Needless to say, I had a really good laugh in the parking lot tonight. Kinda makes me want to take him up on his invite to go see him. You know, show off my dear hubby and adorable boys...see if he's heard the latest about us! LOL!

1 comment:

MADDIE said...

I am missing you and thinking of you often!

Christy