Monday, June 4, 2007

Twisted

Well, if it's not one mom it's the other! Steve's Mom ended up in the hospital this afternoon for emergency surgery to fix her "twisted colon." Just heard from Steve, and everything went well. She's in recovery now. Please pray for a swift and full return to normal! I really have no idea if there are complications associated with this kind of procedure or anything. I'd never heard of a twisted colon until this afternoon. Steve did say she'd be in the hospital for a week though. So just pray everything heals properly...and that she doesn't go crazy being in the hospital!

On a lighter note, I just have to share this. Those of you who know Tyler at all know how he just doesn't miss anything. So he was all concerned about his Grandma this afternoon, and he sat in my lap while I looked up info online (he was hoping to find a picture of a twisted colon so he'd know exactly what was wrong!). Well, right before bed tonight, he was sitting with me again. He got this painful look on his face and put his hand up on his head like we've all done when we've had a headache. And he said, "Man, I think my head is twisted." It took me a second, but I made the connection! :)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I meant to ask you this morning how Steve's mom was. Glad to hear she's doing well.

Oh...and I agree with Tyler...His head IS twisted! :)