Wednesday, June 20, 2007

X = -1.2

Nope, it's not the answer to a math problem. I HATE math! :) It's the promised posting of today's weigh-in results. I'm down another 1.2 lbs. I gotta say, it's just not coming off as fast this time as it has in the past. I'm a little bit discouraged by the itty bitty numbers I'm seeing each week. My WW group was all too eager to remind me that I'm not 20 anymore...and that our bodies apparently all but freakin' shut down as we get older. Great. Now I'm "getting older" on top of being fat!

I'm mostly kidding. I mean it does suck that I'm losing so slow. The last time I did WW was before I had Tyler, and it was nothing to lose 3-4 lbs a week, especially at first. And I just kind of figured that since I'm WAY fatter this time that I'd lose really fast at first and then it would slow down...you know, like EVERY other time I've ever lost weight!! But dang, if this is the fast part then it'll take my whole life just to be able to shop outside the plus size section!!

Okay, anyway, another week has past, and I'm pressing onward. Maybe I'll do better next time! On a brighter note, thanks for all the encouragement!! I do seriously appreciate it...and clearly need it! :)

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Don't get discouraged!!!! Any time the number has a (-) in front of it is a good thing!!!!! Hope you enjoy your fudge pops!! That is what I have for breakfast when I am in a hurry!! Keep it up!!!

Tiffany said...

I know how disappointing it must seem but just remember if it's not UP a pound and a half then it is GOOD! I know it's hard, I am there with you. I'm praying because I know this is important to you. I love you Kris and I KNOW you can do it.

~T

Unknown said...

I'm very proud of you! And still know your disappointment. Its like with anything else though thats gonna be worth anything at the end it may be a long road but we have to stay the course to be the women God has called us to be. And we've talked many times how losing weight is not the only reason we need...we must do it we want to be healthy and live long lives and enjoy our darling families! I think we really will do it this time. we have to just be that much more dedicated and motivated! God will help us and give us the strength and we will help each other!

MADDIE said...

That is great! Don't be discouraged. Taking the first step is sometimes the hardest part. Weight loss can be a very long journey. I have been on this "journey" for 1 year and 3 months now. It is sometimes slow, but I try and remember it is about the end goal. I know what you mean about the weight coming off slower now! However, I feel because I have invested so much time and effort, I really don't think I would let myself gain it all back. That is the bright side of it taking a little longer! Ofcourse, we would all like it to come off quick and easy, but working at it longer and harder is probably better as far as it coming back! Did that make any sense? Anyway, I love you girl and you are one of the most beautiful people I know inside and out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christy