Sunday, June 10, 2007

Beer Review

First of all...
sorry to all my Baptist buddies out there.
I still don't think there's any sin in enjoying a good drink.
Clearly, since my pastor has the link to my blog! :)

Okay, so having said that, I simply MUST share today's finding with those of you who can drink with a clear conscience. Stopped at the gas station for a bag of ice today, in my 2 hours of kid-free time (which was *sigh* sooo relaxing, by the way). When I have one, my current beer of choice is Michelob Ultra, but today I found some fruity Ultra. I had my doubts about a fruity beer, but I just had to try one. I chose the Tuscan Orange Grapefruit flavor. Just popped the top on one tonight, and let me tell you, it is yummmy! It's just got a hint of fruit flavor, so it's not all super-gag-you-after-a-few-sips sweet like some of the fruity stuff you can buy in a 6-pack. It's like a no-bite light beer, but it has a nice fruity after taste. Alright, so I'm no beer expert, to be quite honest, but I highly recommend this one...you know, if you can drink a beer and not feel like you need to repent. :)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

OH OH! I had a sip of one of those this weekend too! I didn't know they existed, but they ARE good! I must get me a sixer soon!!!

Unknown said...

Wow! remind me next time I'll have to get some of that!

Gwen said...

Lisa and I have a co-worker that brews beer, and he had a beer brew last weekend. I got to try a great peach wheat, it was quite tasty, with just enough of a peach flavor, but not at all like a flavored Zima or other fruity drink, just like you said. He's also going to be making a blueberry wheat I'll want to try. Maybe I'll take a gallon bottle with me next time and snag some for an "after party" with you girls. :)

~Gwen