Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I'm in Love!

With the man AND the car!!

Last week was my vacation, and we had non-stop fun all week! I really didn't have a single chance to post anything. And it all began with the man of my dreams bringing home the car of my dreams! :) No...we didn't get a new car. Our family car is in need of repairs that we can't afford, so we've been cramming all 4 of us into the truck for quite awhile now. It's not fun, but it's not really that big of a deal either. At least we have something to drive! But it was going to be a problem for vacation, because there's NO room in the cab for luggage with all of us in there. We're lucky we can squeeze the diaper bag in with us! :) We were planning a little getaway for the first weekend of vacation, and there was a chance of rain. We didn't want to travel with our stuff in the bed of the truck, so Steve suggested renting a car for the weekend. I told him if we were going to pay for a car for the weekend that I wanted something big enough that we could take a break from the sardine routine we've gotten accustomed to lately. Then, mostly joking, I suggested we try to find a Dodge Charger (which, remember, is my current dream car!) for a little extra fun, too. And HE DID!!!

Ohhh my gosh, I was soooo excited!! Not just because of the car either. It was probably one of THE sweetest things my hubby has ever done for me. That might sound dumb, but you have to realize that he is soooo not a car guy. He would have been perfectly content with a cheaper, ugly little compact car...you know the kind where your knees practically bonk you in the face when you get in it if you're 6 ft tall like me! The Charger was a very special treat. Surprisingly, it was in the mid range pricing, too, so it wasn't all that bad. The one he found wasn't exactly my dream car. It wasn't the exact model or color, and it only had a 3.5 liter engine...but dang it was fun anyway!!! Steve even went and got it for me that Friday night so I could "play" before we left town on Saturday morning.

I'm sure most of you are probably thinking that I'm a little nuts to be this excited about a car. I know. It's in my blood. Blame it on my Dad!! :) The real point of this post, though, is to express my love and gratitude to my dear husband. He doesn't get it either...the car thing. After he drove it, I said all hyper like, "Do you LOVE it?!" His response: "It's a car."

So thank you, my sweet man, for making my vacation extra special. I love you!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Coming from a car guy's wife (not to mention your brother's wife), I completely understand your enthusiasim for a piece of metal with a motor. ;) I have to admit...I do like cars more after being with my hubby. Maybe Steve will come around as I have. Charger looks very nice...shh! Don't tell Jason I said that about a DODGE! So Sweet of Steve!!!

Anonymous said...

that is awesome!!! how sweet of steve!!! i am paying more attention to cars myself thanks to Chance :)