Monday, May 21, 2007

Camping is Fun!!




Check out my hot Hubby with is new little gas grill. He was sooo excited about his grill. He's so adorable. And I just love his scruffy camping look with a ball cap.

I really am a lucky girl. He's the best!

Okay, moving on before I make you all sick with my mushy talk. Sorry, just couldn't help it! :)







Here's my Honey and Darrell putting up our tents.
Neither of them (the tents that is)
fell on top of us during the night,
so I guess they know what they're doing after all! :)



It was great to have Amanda and Darrell join us for our camping trip. It's been awhile since our 2 families have been able to enjoy each other like we did that weekend. We all had a wonderful time together. We didn't get much sleep, but we didn't really plan on much of that, so that's okay. A bright campfire, perfect weather, really cold beer, and best friends...can't think of a better way to enjoy a night! Oh, and kids that are old enough to actually sleep at night when we camp. That was certainly part of the equation!

A and D's little guy, Garrett, is Tony's age. Those two are good little buddies, so they kept each other pretty entertained. We discovered the perfect camping "play pen," too, for those times when the kiddos wanted to wander away...



Yep, we'd just stick those monkeys in the bed of the truck. Worked great!

Apparently I was too busy to take many pictures that weekend. I'm a little disappointed about that. Oh well. My parents got Tyler a new Spiderman bike, so he was on it nearly the entire time. And we were soooo lucky to have neighbors with a 5 yr old son!! Tyler and his new friend, Nick, kept each other happy and rode their bikes together. That was really nice. Ty's just so non-stop we were having trouble keeping up with him...and the poor child simply can't stand to do anything alone (yeah, yeah, he's like his Mommy, whatever!). Anyway, Nick's Mom actually took a super cute picture of our boys together and printed it for us there at camp. My scanner's down though, so I can't share that one.

We had a perfect first camping trip for the season! We've got to get our next one on the calendar here very soon. We've got several campgrounds we would like to try out this year. If you have a favorite place to camp, let me know! I'd love to add it to our list!!




3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Great fun! We're gearing up for a camping trip soon, too!

Our favorite place is Foster Falls in Tracy City which is about an hour southeast of us toward Chattanooga on top of Monteagle Mountain. It's a small campground, off the beaten path, has a bathhouse, great trails down to a great waterfall....you guys would love it and so would the boys!

Unknown said...

We did have a blast! I'll have to post our pics...seems i didnt get too many either...mostly of tony and garrett! haha!

Tiffany said...

FUN FUN FUN!!!! We've been camping just a couple of times so we don't have knowledge of very many. But the time we went with Jeanne & Rick we went to Foster Falls and it was a GREAT place! It's close too, that is a plus for me. The last thing I want after a hard weekend of camping is a long ride home! :)