Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I can see heaven!

We took the boys to the park this evening to enjoy this beautiful springtime weather. It was nice to get out and play, just the four of us. They ran around a bit then both had their eyes on the swings. Finally one became free, and Tyler made a run for it. It was a high swing. I had to lift him onto it. That's okay, he reminded me for the hundredth time today, "I'm a big boy!" I began to push him higher and higher, and his grin grew bigger and bigger. "That's high enough," he hollered down to me. Then I watched him studying the sky above, and with true 3 year old amazement, he said, "Moooom, I'm up so high I can see heaven!"

I know it was just blue sky and clouds. I do know that. But it honestly made me think about how sometimes we just need to take a break, feel the wind on our cheeks, and remember there's a heaven. And those of us who know and trust Christ have a true and eternal home there. We'll really get to see it one day! While I have to be a grown-up, and I have to pay the bills, and I have to meet my responsibilities here on earth, I want to never get soooo caught up in all of it that I forget it's my heavenly Father who's placed me here, just as I lifted Tyler onto that swing. Sometimes I need to rest my legs, let Him push me, and grin just a little bit bigger as He enables me to see beyond my fears and my daily struggles in this life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christy - I miss seeing you in Sunday School :) Come back!

Loved this post. Sometimes God uses the innonence of our children to make us stop and see Him in a new way - I LOVE IT!