Thursday, March 8, 2007

Hooray for Warmer Weather!

The kids are having so much fun getting to go outside now that it's warm enough! It's sooo much easier this year, too. They can all walk, and they don't try to eat leaves and rocks and everything else they can get their curious little hands on. Nice! They are so cute, too. Before I even say "outside" I have to get all the diapers changed and all their little shoes on. Otherwise they're all standing at the door whining before I'm ready to set them free. I have to put Tony's shoes on just before we go, too. He has this enormous fear that I'm going to get him all ready to go and then leave without him. He's done this to us ever since he understood the whole idea of "going." If we put his jacket or shoes on and don't head straight for the door with him, he freaks out on us. Like we've gotten him all ready to go, and now we're going to sneak out without him!

Anyway, the kids are just great. I say "outside," and they all run to the door. If I'm fast enough I get to hold each child's hand as they go down the steps on the porch. I learned ever so quickly which ones to help first, too. Dillon and Garrett will just tumble right on down if they don't get to go first! Sweet little Brianna, on the other hand, won't even step out the door onto the porch without my hand. Once out though, somehow Bri manages to make a bigger mess of herself than any of the boys do! Here are some pictures of a messy day for all of us..

Garrett is an artist just like his Mommy.

This masterpiece is Tyler's.


Dillon likes to help with whatever I'm working on.



Maybe Tony's not much for drawing, but he sure is excited!

And here's Brianna focused on her sidewalk creation.

No comments: