Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The Strength I Need

Here's a portion of my devo for today. It encourages me beyond words, so I thought I'd share with you:

from A.B. Simpson (1843-1919), Missionary and pastor...

"A precious secret of the Christian life is to have Jesus dwelling within the heart and conquering things that we never could overcome. It is the only secret of power in a believer's life. People cannot understand it, nor will the world believe it; but it is true. God comes to dwell in us and is the power, the purity, the victory, and the joy of our lives.

This enables us to say with Paul in that beautiful passage in Philippians, 'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.'

With this knowledge I go forth to meet my testings. It keeps me pure and sweet, as I could never keep myself. Christ has met the adversary and defeated him for me. Thanks be unto God who gives us the victory through Jesus Christ. What will your day bring?"

Simple, I guess. But true...and what I needed today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

its not that simple...at least not for me. thats always a hard one for me. to let Christ take over and to rely on His strength and not my own. thanks for the post!