Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Four Year Old Charm

My Tyler is full of it! We went for haircuts this evening, and I'd had a kinda rough day so I wasn't totally excited about having to take him out anywhere at all. But he was a total sweetheart. Total. As we were leaving the salon:

Mom: (exhausted) Thanks for being so good tonight. I really appreciate it.

Ty: You're welcome, Mom. It was my pleasure.

Mom: You're so cute. (sigh of relief that the day is coming to an end)

Ty: You sure do look beautiful with your hair all curly and that pretty pink shirt on.

The real beauty of it all--he wasn't buttering me up for anything. He's just that sweet. Sometimes I find it impossible to believe even my husband when he says I'm beautiful. I guess I've just spent so many years calling myself ugly that I actually find it nearly impossible that he could really think I'm anything but. Preschoolers are honest though! May be silly, but he totally made my day. What a great son. What a lucky Mom!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Ty is just too big for his britches sometimes. So cute and so right! You are beautiful!!!

Becca said...

Eli tells me occasionally that I am HANDSOME! I take it as a compliment, but you can tell we have little boys and not little girls. He hears he looks handsome, not pretty, so that is the word he knows! Either way, it is a good feeling to hear it!

Unknown said...

Ty is too cute! you are a lucky Mom and he is a very lucky boy to have such a beautiful mom who shows her beauty on the outside as well as on the inside! So true kids are very honest so trust in it! love you!