Friday, November 14, 2008

Wow!

You guys, I'm so excited! Thanks for the comments. It's great to hear from you all! Feels good to be back on the blog.

Just for the record, at 28 weeks into this pregnancy, YES, I am pretty much still in shock!! Both by the fact that I'm having twins AND by the fact that they are girls!! What on earth am I gonna do with GIRLS?!?! Don't get me wrong, I couldn't be happier. Steve and I were both hoping for a girl this time. And this way, I get to even out the troops all at once! I'm looking forward to not being outnumbered by the boys. Tyler and Tony are both really excited about their sisters, too. Tyler was hoping for a girl from the beginning. Tony not so much. I believe his first response was, very grumpily, "I no like sisters!" He's definitely warmed up to the idea though. I think he's ready to be a big brother. Tyler has taught him well. :)

So far, everything has gone wonderfully with the pregnancy. I was pretty sick for the first 12 weeks, but I guess between having twins AND girls I didn't have much of a chance to escape that this time around. I'm a lot more tired with the twins than I was with either of the boys. And I'll admit I'm beginning to wonder just how enormous my belly is actually going to get!! My official due date is February 5, but my dr said we're shooting for 37 weeks. So, assuming all goes as planned, we're expecting to have the girls around the middle of January.

Time has started to fly by, much like it usually does around here when autumn hits! There's still so much to do. Lisa and Vicky, my wonderful friends, are helping me finish up the nursery. Vicky's doing all the shopping around and hunting for all the stuff we need to finish decorating. And I am sooo thankful. I love, love, love to do this kind of thing. Shoot, I love to shop for pretty much anything. But I'm just worn out all the time! And I knew I should have already taken care of all this stuff, but the procrastinator in me just kept putting it off. Now I'm huge and achy and tired...not to mention a little whiny, huh?! :) Anyway, with their help I'm sure the nursery will be absolutely lovely. That way at least I'll have a nice, cozy, comfy, happy place to sit and pull my hair out when both the babies are screaming at the same time and their big brothers are trying to kill each other as boys often do!! Yep, this is going to be an adventure...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am so happy for you guys. i am glad everything is going great too!!! please keep us updated!!

Anonymous said...

sorry i added it without my name. hehe

MADDIE said...

I am still speechless!!!! You better let me come and help hold some babies!! :)

Jeanne said...

Me, too!!! I'm a great baby holder.....for hours I can go! So I'm assuming there are twins on somebody's side of the family???

Melissa said...

i'm not sure if you remember me, but i'm christy smith's friend. i just wanted to congratulate you on your girls that are on the way! babies are so exciting. our girls fill our lives with a lot of excitement and girlie drama!

Lisa said...

We WILL get this nursery done before those girlies get here!!! Love you!!! Don't stress!

Tiffany said...

OOOOOOOO! I wish I was there to hold some babies! So not fair! Twins . . . and GIRLS!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!