Monday, November 5, 2007

To school or not to school...


That is the question! Tyler will be starting kindergarten next year (wasn't he JUST born??), and Steve and I are seriously considering home schooling. I know several of you have school aged children, and even those of you who don't may have a well-defined opinion on this. So I'm asking to hear them. Let me know what you think...public school or home school? And why?? I just want to really think thru all the issues. So maybe you've thought of something that hasn't crossed our minds yet. Please share! If you don't want to make a public display, that's perfectly fine. You can also email me at kristiemknox@yahoo.com.



Thanks for sharing!!


2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Hey girl!
I think there are great pros and cons to both. I don't know that I have a strong opinion either way. We have never considered homeschooling and our kids are both doing better than great in public school. I have prayed each year over their teachers and we have been blessed to have some great ones. But I do think that you guys are great parents and whatever you decide for you will be the best choice....especially if you are praying and seeking God's will about which way to go...which I imagine you are already doing! :)

Love you!

~*~Shea~*~ said...

I found your blog by accident and saw your post on considering homeschooling. I just wanted to throw my .02 in. Homeschooling is a blast. There are so many different styles to choose from. You can do it through the public school system or on your own. You can make up your own schedule, cater to your child's interest, have fun on those beautiful days, schedule as many out of the home activities as you want. The possibilities are endless. You can't fail your child. Spending time with my girls is a joy! And when you need a break, you schedule a play date at a friends. There are co-ops all around that you can send your child to if you feel the need to have someone else teach your child a subject. There are so many pros to homeschooling and honestly, the only con I can think of is that my house is not always in the best of order.
Pray about it. If you try it and don't think you can handle it, you can always enroll them into school then.
Check out my blog when you get a chance.