Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Pluck it!

Interesting expletive, huh? :)

What do you do to relieve stress? Do you have a stress plan? I mean, do you consciously turn to a certain activity or ritual or habit that soothes you? Or do you just find yourself doing a certain something in stressful times?

I've noticed over the years that one of my most effective methods of stress relief is the otherwise much dreaded deed of shaping my eyebrows (or, as I mentally refer to it, the completely insane, unnecessary, and incredibly painful ripping out of the hair in my delicate eye area!). Yep. I'm certifiable. It works though. I've never ever actually done this on purpose to relieve stress, but I noticed once that I was just plucking away, and I couldn't even feel it. Normally I'm one of those total weenie girls that can't help but form tears as the hairs are jerked from their rightful home on my brow. I don't actually "cry," of course, but there's definite watering of the eyes. :)

Anyway, I was stressing over something at the time I made this strange observation. Out of curiosity, I did a little digging through photos, and I found that I tend to get a little bushy when the stress level is low. Yet, in the pictures taken at the most tense times of my adult life, I'm sporting some seriously sexy eyebrows!

Now this really only works to a certain degree. I've had a couple of total down and out lows that certainly couldn't be detected by the thickness of my brows, but for the most part if you're wondering how I'm really doing just take a closer look...not into my eyes, but above them!

4 comments:

Charyl said...

Kristie, you crack me up. Now you know that everyone is going to be looking at your eyebrows and not at your eyes from now on. hehehe!!! :)

Lisa said...

Man...you don't need Elizabeth! She takes away your stress reliever! :)

Jeanne said...

So where's the picture that I imagined would accompany this post???? :)

starbucksgirl said...

Hilarious. You should be a writer. I like your style.