Sunday, August 26, 2007

Oh wait...

Guys, I totally forgot to tell you THE best part about the DHS story...so if you don't know what I'm talking about read the previous post first!! Trust me, you will NOT appreciate this otherwise!! :)

-------------

Just as the nice little invasive lady ( I know, she was just doing her job or whatever, sorry!) was walking out the door, and I had sufficed her suspicions about us hiding children...my can't-keep-his-mouth-shut-for-half-a-second Tyler says, "Momma, are we gonna keep those other babies?" I just about died. I said, with a look of total disbelief, "WHAT other babies?" I had NO idea what he was talking about, but the chick turned around and gave me this "caught ya" look. Turns out Tyler thought the lady was here asking all these questions because she wanted me to keep HER babies! Oh my gosh! So, needless to say, I probably haven't seen the last of her. I'm expecting a follow-up visit (or 2 or 10) just to be sure we didn't have additional children lined up for care here! Thanks, dear son, for helping Mommy look like a panic stricken liar!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is sooo crazy! Gotta love Tyler's innocence, especially the perfect timing he has! LOL

I have to say, it's really tough as a parent to leave the kids with a sitter every day & not be able to spend that time with them. But we feel so blessed to have found someone who cares for & loves our boys so much! I know they are in really good, safe hands when they're with you guys!

We'll keep praying that everything goes well with getting the documentation together! You definitely don't deserve a fine!!!!

Cortney said...

Oh my goodness girl! Ty has wonderful timing doesn't he?! :) Bless you heart! I so hope yoou can find everything you need to give to these people. I don't know who would turn you in to DHS...but they're insane!

I completely agree with what Caron said. It is hard to leave your kiddos everyday wishing you could be with them. But we also feel so blessed knowing we have you taking care of our little man. I know he is loved there and cared for there just like at home. Thanks so much for all you do and how you take care of our kids! :) I can help beat up the crazy DHS people! :)

Unknown said...

I have to fall in line here and say Amen to the previous posts! You are a blessing to us because when we walk out that door and head to work we can relax and know our kids are cared for and loved and thus allowing us to even focus on our jobs and allowing us to provide for our families! Just know we love and appreciate all you do! Believe it or not i went online today to see if there was a hotline to call DHS to PRAISE you and there isnt one just a complaint hotline, go figure! Please let me know if you need anything!

Lisa said...

D-I-T-T-O to all the rest of these comments. You know we all love you and are blessed to have you in our lives watching our children or not. Keep doing a great job and maybe I'll have another one for you soon! :)